Pointless Book 3 Design Competition
Terms and Conditions
THE PROMOTER AND THE COMPETITION
- The Pointless Book 3 Design Competition (the “Competition”) is operated by Blink Publishing (“Blink”), an imprint of Kings Road Publishing Limited (company no. 01549157), part of the Bonnier Publishing Group; registered office 1.07-1.09 The Plaza, 535 Kings Road, London, SW10 0SZ.
- These terms and conditions form the agreement between you and Blink. By posting your artwork (“User Material”) on any social media or digital platform and using the hashtag #PB3Design you accept & agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions contained herein and Blink will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and are in agreement with them in their entirety.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Competition.
- The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom & ROI only. Blink may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition at any time.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Competition entrants who are under 16 years of age will need parental/guardian consent to enter the Competition and Blink may ask to see verification of consent at any time in writing. Any entrants under the age of 16 should have these terms and conditions and their respective implications explained to them by their parent or legal guardian, prior to entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
HOW TO ENTER, PRIZE & WINNER SELECTION
- The Competition is the opportunity to design a page that will feature in the final published edition of “The Pointless Book 3” book publication by Alfie Deyes. Entrants are asked to design a single-page or double-page colouring-in spread for the book. The entries can be rough hand sketches, pen drawings or designed on a computer. They can be posted on any social platform using the hashtag #PB3Design and Alfie will choose the two entries he wants to include in the book (credit included).
- The two winning designs will be chosen by a judging panel including editorial staff at Blink, Alfie Deyes and at least one independent judge (together the “Judges”) on or around the 18th April 2017. The winners will be notified via a direct message on the Twitter account from which the winning design was posted. Decisions of the Judges are final and binding. Full details of the names of the Judges are available upon request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to “The Pointless Book 3 Design Competition, BLINK Publishing, The Plaza, 535 King’s Road, London, SW10 0SZ”.
- The start date of the competition commences once announced by Alfie Deyes in his online vlog, and the closing date is one week hence; Blink reserves the right to amend the Competition end date at any time.
- Blink reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and if we do this we will publish the amended Competition rules on the relevant Competition page on blinkpublishing.co.uk
- All information regarding the entry to the Competition is correct at the time of its commencement.
- Blink may cancel the Competition at any time prior to its commencement.
- Blink will collect personal information about you for the purposes of conducting the Competition. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The Competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Blink or Kings Road Publishing or any employees (or members of their immediate families) of Alfie Deyes or Gleam Futures.
- Duplicate entries will not be accepted, including but not limited to multiple account entries.
- Blink reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless any social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat.
- By entering the competition you warrant that you have full right of copyright as owner of all User Material you submit for entry. Furthermore, any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the User Material which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Blink reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- By entering the Competition and submitting your Pointless 3 Design you hereby forfeit all rights, including but not limited to any and all moral rights, to this content and grant Blink the permission to use your designs in all formats, be that digital or print, for all editions, reissues and reprints throughout the world, as well as for the purposes of promotion and publicity, for the legal term of copyright and any and all renewals and extensions.
- It is understood that there will be no remuneration for any User Material submitted. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and exercise all intellectual property rights and publicity rights with respect to such User Material worldwide and/or to incorporate User Material generated by you in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the content of User Material. If you do not wish to grant such rights to Blink, please do not submit any User Material to us.
- Blink and Alfie Deyes cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Blink is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or broadband lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone/broadband lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other persons computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- The winner will be required to confirm in writing that they have read, understood, and complied with the terms and conditions of the Competition and may be required to provide proof of eligibility as necessary. The proof of eligibility that will be considered appropriate for verifying your eligibility will be at the discretion of Blink. In addition if you are the winner, you agree that, where requested by Blink, you will take all such steps as Blink may reasonably request in order to ensure that Blink receives full benefit of the assignment/granting of rights as described in Clause 22 of these terms and conditions.